Fasting Part 1: Benefits of Intermittent Fasting, with Megan Ramos
Guest: Megan Ramos
Clinical Researcher, Therapeutic Fasting Expert, Co-Founder of The Fasting Method
• Megan Ramos, director of the Intensive Dietary Management Program, always had a complex relationship with food. Having been diagnosed with fatty liver and polycystic ovarian syndrome in her adolescence, she struggled to manage her health despite attempts at weight loss.
• One day, her friend, Dr. Jason Fung, recommended intermittent fasting, and her diet was never the same.
• There are many ways to fast, says Megan. It’s best to start slow, fast by skipping a single meal a day, and then gradually increase your fasting intervals.
• Ultimately, the way you fast depends on your body type, your goals and your overall health.
• Fasting has dramatic benefits supported by robust scientific literature, she says. She has seen dramatic reversals of chronic conditions such as diabetic retinopathy and hypothyroidism.
• Urged by their success, Megan Ramos and her partner, Dr. Fung, began to offer online, subscription-based courses on intermittent fasting. They offered everything from guides to one-on-one health coaching, and it has been incredibly successful.
The Complete Guide to Fasting: Heal Your Body Through Intermittent, Alternate-Day, and Extended Fasting
The Obesity Code: Unlocking the Secrets of Weight Loss
The Diabetes Code: Prevent and Reverse Type 2 Diabetes Naturally
Visits Megan Ramos’ site on intermittent fasting
This Episode Sponsored By
BetterHelp is the largest online counseling platform worldwide. They change the way people get help with facing life's challenges by providing convenient, discreet and affordable access to a licensed therapist.
BetterHelp makes professional counselling available anytime, anywhere, through a computer, tablet or smartphone.
Sign up today: BetterHelp
and use Discount code “solvinghealthcare"